VEGGIE STUFFED ENCHILADAS
Start with the stuffing (which could be used to stuff bell peppers or whatever you like). Warning, this makes a LOT of stuffing. I will often freeze half of it to make another batch later.
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 can Rotel Original diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (1 + 3/4 cup) veggie or chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 0-2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 can enchilada sauce (I like it hot)
- Burrito sized tortilla shells
In a large pan stir together rice, bell pepper, onions, tomatoes, broth, and taco seasoning. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook on low for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
Once cooked, add in black beans (0-2 cans depending on your preference for beans) and corn, stir to mix.
Place a scoop onto a tortilla shell, add cheese, roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Make as many as you want, and freeze the rest of the stuffing. Cover in your favorite enchilada sauce and sprinkle more cheese over the top.
Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.