Warning, this makes a LOT, but it freezes well. I like to freeze individual portions, they make a quick meal. Use low or no salt for as many of the cans a possible. You can add salt afterwards if necessary.
- 1 can sweet corn (or small bag of frozen)
- 3 bell peppers, diced (use a variety of colors)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can Rotel Original diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or a second can of Rotels if you like spice)
- 1 can chili style beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs Better than Bouillon vegetable base
- 1.5 cups water (or 1 can chicken or veggie broth in place of the bouillon and water)
- 2 – 8.5 oz pkgs Barilla Ready Pasta (fully cooked)
- 5 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
In a 6 quart slow cooker or Instant Pot, stir together corn, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, beans, seasonings, and water. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (I used medium in the Instant Pot).
Stir in pasta and cheese. Cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes or until everything is heated. Serve topped with green onions or Fritos.