- 3 cups loose-packed frozen hash-brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded (all of one or a combination of pepper jack, Swiss, Gouda, or whatever you have)
- 1 cup ham, diced (or whatever meat or veggies you like)
- 1/2 cup light cream (AKA half and half) (or whatever kind of milk you use)
- 2 eggs (I use 4 eggs if I leave the ham out)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (I use Tabasco salt)
Press the hash-browns between paper towels to remove the excess water. Press the hash-browns into a 9-inch pie plate to form a crust.
Drizzle melted butter over the crust. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temp to 350°F.
Place meat or veggies in pie plate. Mix the cream/milk, eggs and salt. Pour over the meat. Sprinkle the cheeses over everything.
Bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes. Or until a knife comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.